Monkee Genes™ is an international ethical denim brand based in Matlock, Derbyshire. Their products are sold throughout the world both on the high street and from their e-commerce website www.monkeegenes.com.
We replaced the companies’ existing e-commerce website with a new re-designed, modern site. The sites design – both front and back end – was built around specifications provided by the client combined with insight Sonata provided from their experience in the field.
The client’s specific requirements included:
- That all existing functionality be maintained.
- That down time during the crossover be kept to a minimum.
- That as little as possible re-entry of data would need to be done.
- The new site would follow the look and feel of the brand as outlined by the client.
- That new advanced methods of organizing products be made available.
- That new methods of discounting be made available.
- That the site would allow for collaboration between the Monkee Genes office in Matlock and the distribution centre in Scotland.
- That different levels of access could be delegated to different users.
- That the site would be mobile compliant.
- That the website would be scalable to eventually offer additional store fronts including a portal for wholesale orders.
The new e-commerce site was built around the premium but inexpensive Web-Asyts Shop-Script framework. This PHP based framework Is not only fast and stable but allows for rapid adjustments to design and functionality essential for a client re-acting to a rapidly changing marketplace.
Unlike many online e-commerce solutions (for example Shopify) this bespoke solution does not require a monthly subscription and no ‘transaction fee’ is levied. Other than an initial one of outlay for the Web-Asyst Shop-Script frame work the clients only ongoing costs is for hosting and support.